Friday 19 November 2010

Crafty Secrets at The Barn

Our lovely Isa over at The Craft Barn set me a bit of a challenge a few weeks ago, to alter something using their new Crafty Secrets Stamp sets.  Now if you know these stamp sets, they don't, at first sight, shout alteration to you.


see what I mean?  Lovely but for altering?  It took me a while and a few sleepless nights planning but eventually I decided to have a go altering this



So I carefully measured around the carton and cut a piece of lightweight card which I stamped coloured and inked to make this


So here's the 360o view



Pretty stamps are they not?

Being a keen gardener it struck me that this would make a perfect container for string and twine so to finish I punched a hole in the top of the tin and fitted an eyelet using my silent setter



Now all I have to do is untangle the string I put inside.  I may give it a light spray varnish too to protect it when I use it outside.

The girls have made a few more samples using these stamps over on The Craft Barn blog, be lovely if you could pop over and go see. Leave us a comment too if you feel the urge.

See you there
x Michelle

11 comments:

Artyjen said...

What a fab idea! Looks just the biz for the garden string :) Am defo going to have to make one of those....my ball of string is always unravelling all over the place!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

PatR said...

Such a fantastic idea Michelle and so useful too. It would make a great pressie for a gardener. The stamps are so pretty aren't they? xx

Anonymous said...

Love your tin... such a pretty sample. Thank you Michelle
Isa

Meggymay said...

Wow, a super idea, will make a great gift. Love the stamps.

Unknown said...

WOW this is gorgeous. Very clever idea
hus
Ildiko

Chris said...

I love your altered tin Michelle, your little scene with the stamps is absolutely gorgeous. I still say it's too good for string :D! Chris x

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely stunning. What a beautiful gift idea. Another cracker Michelle..xx

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Michelle, I came across your beautiful string tin and just wanted to tell you what an amazing job you did with our Garden Girls Stamps! I would send you a large stamp set as a thank you and will of course add a link to the Craft Barn if they stock these. I looked but couldn't see any of our stamps. I look forward to hearing from you

Anonymous said...

Your altered container is fantastic. It inspires me to create one for my studio desk, maybe using Bird Notes plate.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your altered container is fantastic. It inspires me to create one for my studio desk, maybe using Bird Notes plate.
Thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

I love this stamp set but have never done anything quite as clever as you have done with it. Makes me want to cover a can right away. Beautiful job.